ROLE – Through your experience, dedication and love for games you have the ability and desire to work in a team environment on any original or contract project that Koolhaus Games is working on. You will be a core member of our technical staff who are passionate about squeezing every drop of performance from any infrastructure to improve the efficiency of koolhaus’ end systems without sacrificing robustness and stability.
Required Technical Experience:
- 2+ Years experience setting up and maintaining web backend systems, experience with the following systems is an asset: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP.
- 2+ Years of scripting experience with one or all of the following scripts: python, ruby, php, sed, awk, and bash.
- 1 Year experience building databases. Good understanding of database normalization.
- 1 Year of experience programming in one or more of the following programming languages: Java, C++, or C#
- Practical understanding of scalable web systems and virtual infrastructure.
- You enjoy variety in your technical work and challenges
- Experience and interest in developing a variety of mobile game genres
- Interest in contributing creatively to other areas such as game design
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a good understanding of software development methodologies
- Some knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following: Graphics, AI, Physics, Sound, Networking, Tools and Libraries, R & D.
- Self directed within a team context
- Enjoys an environment where personal and professional development are encouraged and supported
- Creative, innovative, positive problem solving perspectives
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience setting up a web application on virtual machines is a plus
- Experience working in a virtual infrastructure environment such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google App Engine is a big plus
- Reports to: Technical Lead
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package available for the right candidate